Saturday, May 29, 2010
Busy Busy Busy
This has truly been one of the busiest months of my year. I feel as though we never had time to rest, we were always getting up early and going to bed late. This month has consisted of baking graduation cakes, I made one from start to finish in one day less than five hours, still have one more to go by Monday one brother graduated on Thursday and the other will be graduating on Tuesday so we will be having their party on Monday night. Can I just say how proud I am of them, they were so unsure if they were going to make it but they did it and they pulled themselves through. We also went to Austins evit graduation that was interesting there wasn't room in the auditorium so we had to watch it from another auditorium on a t.v. screen (LAME). But we did see two mom's fight, hahah that was slightly funny and awkward. We had Derek's graduation he graduated from ASU with a BS In Bio-Chemistry, woot woot only a million more years of schooling to do. But can I just say how proud I am of him too! He has worked so hard this year and has really done such a good job. He is now getting ready to take the MCAT next month. I think he will do really good, he took a practice test last week and did really well! Let's see what else, oh yea, right after Derek's graduation we drove down to Tucson for the evening to see Derek's brother in law, Brad graduate from Med-School. That was really exciting too, it kind of helped me to see what will come near the end hahah. So that same night we drove back to Scottsdale and then the next morning we woke up at the crack of dawn to drive to Vegas because Derek's sister Tara was in town and she wanted to see grandma and grandpa so we took a weekend trip up. Tell you what it was a lot of fun and we went to Serendiptiy our most favorite restaurant ever. We went in NYC and when we heard there was one in Vegas I was down to go on the trip. Oh this last week my sister Stephanie got engaged to Mr Scott Murphy, I am happy for them but I am also feeling very stressed about everything I hope everything does work out I do love them very much but I know it will be hard it's supposed to be a destination wedding in San Diego. Let's see what else happened.... Oh the most important part of the year, yesterday was mine and Derek's first wedding anniversary. I sadly had to work and Derek studied like always but we told me we were going to dinner and then we could figure something out from there. So we ran some errands and invited his mom and step dad to dinner, it was fun we went to the Elephant Bar. I love that place, the prices aren't that bad and the food is delish. Is it weird that we invited the in-laws to dinner? I don't think so I think it made for some exciting conversations and good times. After that just Derek and I went and saw Prince of Persia, I think he was surprised that I wanted to see it. I surprised myself when I said I wanted to see it. But it was so good, this is how I described it when walking out "there was fighting, there was love, more fighting, more love, a few deaths and some more love. what more could a girl ask for" We also enjoyed our frozen wedding cake, it really wasn't all that bad, it was actually pretty moist. hahaha What I think I will do if I ever make a wedding cake is just make them one on their anniversary so that it is real fresh and pretty cause ours was not very pretty (the frozen one). Well that is the update up and to this point. As for me I am going to go shopping with my sister to find something to wear for family pictures tonight, Jennie Karges will be taking them. I am so excited, I have wanted to take family pictures for so long. And Jennie willingly agreed. I love her work to which helps out. Well, I am off to shower! I will post pictures when I have more time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment